A partnership program can be a great way to expand your community by working with other Discord servers to advertise each other. It can be an awesome way to gain members but also network and meet like-minded community leaders. Though, a partnership program doesn’t suit everyone’s server so you need to make sure it is what you really want. In this article, we will discuss if you should start a partnership program and the potential benefits/disadvantages.
The Benefits of a Partnership System
There are a lot of benefits to starting a partnership system. Here are some that may interest you.
- The ability to meet new people and make friends.
- The ability to meet like-minded community leaders who you can work with when you need help or have advice.
- You can gain new members and expand your communities reach.
- You can work with other communities to host events together.
- You can get a cool role (Only on some servers though)
- Partnering with AYS gets you access to a special Partnership role and chat.
These are all pretty good reasons to start a partnership system in your community so consider wisely.
The Downsides of a Partnership System
While the benefits may look awesome, there are also downsides to running a partnership system.
- It takes a lot of time and effort to not only set up but also run. You will spend a lot of time working with others and exchanging ads. You need to have a lot of time or get a few people to help you.
- It can lead to spam. If you start a partnership program your partner channel could end up just being spammed with a whole heap of advertisements which may turn users away from it.
- If you partner too much a lot of people may end up receiving the partner role in your server which can create an imbalance in members.
- You may receive a lot of members who are not interested in your community but came to check it out anyway.
So, should I start a partnership program?
In the long run, it really comes down to if you can handle it and if it is right for your community but generally it is a good idea if you are looking to grow your community.
To start a partnership program check out our other article: https://medium.com/the-discord-path/partnership-tutorial-26cffd204799